Call For Applications 2020-Taiwan Studies Program @ Ghent University and Georg-August Universität Göttingen (Deadline: May 29th)
比利時根特大學(Ghent University)，荷蘭格羅寧根大學(Groningen University)，德國哥廷根大學(Georg-August Universität Göttingen)與我國教育部合作成立台灣講座計畫(Taiwan Studies Program)之申請，歡迎有興趣的師長們踴躍參加。
Here is Call for applications 2020 in the framework of the Memorandum of Understanding “The 2016-2021 Academic Years Taiwan Studies Programme at Ghent University, the University of Groningen, the Georg-August Universität Göttingen/ Georg-August Universität Göttingen Stiftung Öffentlichen Rechts (UGOE)”.
This is a MoU between the above-mentioned three European institutions and the Department of International and Cross-Strait Education (DICE), Ministry of Education (MOE), Republic of China (Taiwan).
The entire duration of the professorial fellowship should be exercised during the academic year 2020-2021 (5th year of the programme) partly in Ghent University (1st semester in Ghent University, Belgium) and partly in the Georg-August Universität Göttingen (2nd semester in Georg-August Universität Göttingen, Germany).
We would like to draw your special attention to the fact that the selected candidate for the 2nd semester in Georg-August Universität Göttingen will have to organize a workshop during his mobility period there.
- PhD in Social Sciences, Political Sciences or History (preferably with focus on politics, international relations, law,economics or soft power)
- Expertise with research on Taiwanese and East Asian studies
- Expertise with education on Taiwanese and East Asian studies
- Good command of English (spoken and written)
- Ability to teach on EU-East Asia relations at MA level; involvement in the MA course EU-East Asia relations
- Ability to organize research seminars for PhD students in areas such as EU external relations, internationalrelations, Taiwanese/ East Asian studies
Candidates for the Professorial Fellowship shall be selected from any university or institution of higher learning in the Taiwan. The Professorial Fellow selected shall preferably be an/a (associate) professor on sabbatical leave from the Taiwan, and shall have minimal qualifications as a Ph.D. holder.
- The Professorial Fellow will teach a Taiwan Studies related course on one or more aspects of internationalrelations in an East Asian context. The term 'international relations' broadly encompasses the areas of: foreignpolicy; global and regional governance; international law; international political economy; IR theory; and securitystudies.
- The Professorial Fellow will also have to organize a workshop related to his teaching.
- The Professorial Fellow shall submit a report to DICE and to the Faculty Boards of Ghent University/the University of Groningen/the Georg-August Universität Göttingen regarding his or her academic work at the end of each appointment period.
The Ministry and Ghent University/the University of Groningen/the Georg-August Universität Göttingen may publish the said report.
Documents that should be admitted
- Your curriculum vitae
- A motivation letter
- Letter of consent and recommendation letter of your home institution signed by the relevant responsible person in your faculty/college/school.
Deadline for applications: Friday, 29 May 2020 – 12.00 am local Belgian time.
Please send your application to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The selection result will be announced by the beginning of June 2020.